Friday, May 19, 2006

SAP Score

OK, now that I've confused you with my scoring system, I'd better go ahead and explain myself. SAP is simply an accronym for the 3 critical components of any film. Story, Acting, and Production. I rate these 3 components on a 1 to 10 point scale with 10 being the highest score possible. The enjoyment factor is a measure of the guilty pleasure I derived from the film regardless of it's merits as a good film and is rated "-" (minus) indicating that I didn't enjoy myself, "0" indicating that the film was OK, "+" indicating that I enjoyed myself, and "++" indicating that I REALLY enjoyed myself. The overall score is a nod to the fact that I am pretty much an outlier when it comes to rating movies this way, and this gives you a way to compare my rating to any other reviewer, like Lisa Kennedy and Michael Booth at the Denver Post, who use the time honored star method. You know, 0 to 5 stars with lots of half stars thrown in. It's easy to read, but doesn't really tell you anything. I'll get into why a film gets higher ratings in the 3 categories in a future posting, but for now, just be assured that I want you to get a better appreciation of what makes a good film good, and what makes a bad one bad without necessarily having to read a full account of the film. But enough of mainstream film review, I need to move on to Damah!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home